Tuesday, December 7, 2010

no.2 part 2 {Kitchen 24}

Ventured over to Kitchen24 again for a little lunch.
I hadn't had much for breakfast, so eggs and a good book sounded pretty good for lunch.

I ordered a Ginger Ale
and
the Garden Benedict:
toasted english muffin, with ham, avocado and poached eggs topped with smoked paprika hollandaise, served with herb roasted potatoes.

The first few bites of the garden benedict started off well enough, nicely poached eggs, ripe avocado -  but after awhile that smoked paprika sauce became so overwhelming! I couldn't taste anything else!
I suddenly noticed as I was making a mess with my eggs and benedicts the rest of my food and the smokey paprika sauce were locked in a land battle and I was kept busy trying to keep the sauce off my potatoes before they also tasted like nothing but smokey paprika.
Unfortunately, the potatoes didn't make it.
My advice - order the smokey paprika hollandaise on the side!!







1 comment:

  1. the smokey paprika sounds good for me! Your blog is making me hungry!!

    ReplyDelete