Wednesday, June 8, 2011

no. 5

Il Fornaio - Beverly Hills

Hmmm, chain restaurant Il Fornaio.
What to say?

I'm not incredibly picky about my Italian food. I love pasta, I LOVE burrata and I love Italian food in general, so I'm easy to please in the Italian eatery department. Seemingly Il Fornaio and I would be a good match!
But alas, it was a very underwhelming dining experience. Not terrible - but not incredible.

Jon and I started our dinner with Campari spritzers.
Very colorful and fun cocktails {gorgeous color!} - but a bit on the bitter side, if you've never had one.

We ordered our entrees from their special winter menu.

Jon had the 'Tour of Italy"{which consisted of 4 different types of cooked meats - chicken, lamb, steak and sausage - whoa!}
I ordered the Prawns served in a tomato-caper sauce.
Pretty decent, the prawns were very large and cooked well.


We ended our meal with tiramisu.
Just fine.









On to the next restaurant!


{photos by Jon - Medium}
1.14.11

No comments:

Post a Comment